Forum OpenACS Q&A: MediaBox Screenshots
* Integrated with OpenOffice.
* It supports multiple types of files (documents, images, video, audio, etc).
* It uses http://www.extjs.com/
* Online viewer for the documents including functionality similar to the search-inside by Amazon (but for your documents). Video/Audio players, etc.
* I was planning to implement editing just like Google Docs but I kind of run out of time.
* What you see in the screenshots is at least a year's old.
* Here are the screenshots: http://www.openacs.org/storage/?folder_id=2551848
I know, this is just a teaser and I also know that we'll have to work with the core team to get it into an acceptable shape before it can make it into the commit tree but until that happens I'll figure a way to make it available here without causing too much pain.
I have just uploaded mediabox to the storage section. You can download it from here: http://www.openacs.org/storage/download/mediabox.tar.bz2?file%5fid=2554866 (just to show what I mean by "radical" as discussed in this thread: http://www.openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=2554034)
Have a look at the www-pvt/index.tcl file (50KB). It is also useful for everyone that wants to see how the preview of the items is done.