Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Debian Installer Update (openacs 5.4.3 debian/ubuntu packages released)

Hi Robert,

At this point, the persons involved on the debian/ubuntu openacs/dotlrn packages are Stefan Sobernig, Avni Khatri, Carl Blesius and me, and we are mantaining the following packages:

- xotcl packages (now on debian testing/sid and ubuntu intrepid/jaunty)
- tdom 0.8.3 (now on debian testing/sid and ubuntu jaunty)
- openacs (waiting for revision of the debian tcl/tk team)
- dotlrn (waiting for revision of the debian tcl/tk team)

Debian testing is freeze right now (since 27 Jul), and is expected to be released in a *short* period of time. Once it's released, there will be no problem on installing the openacs and ubuntu packages, because the dependencies will be on stable.

After that, debian people will revise the openacs/dotlrn packages, and they will get into the next debian stable release (I hope so!).

Meanwhile, it's possible to build a backport of the packages (xotcl-*, tdom, openacs and dotlrn). If the dependencies are backported, I can backport openacs and dotlrn packages easily, but I'd like to know other's people opinion, specially Stefan's, about that.

Also, you should take into account if it's worth to build the backport before lenny is released...

Cheers, Héctor