Forum OpenACS Development: acs-service-contract broken?

Collapse
Posted by Jon Griffin on
DISCLAIMER - I did a cvs update so it could be my install, but I don't think so.

I am using the 2001-10-22 tarball and it has load problems and drop problems and the Index page doesn't show up.

Database operation "select" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")
    while executing
"ns_pg_bind select nsdb0 {
    select contract_id, contract_name, impl_name,impl_id
    from valid_uninstalled_bindings;
}"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel $ulevel [list ns_pg_bind $type $db $sql"
    invoked from within
"db_exec select $db $full_statement_name $sql"

and :

psql:acs-sc-views-create.sql:16: ERROR:  Relation 'acs_sc_impl_aliases' does not exist
psql:acs-sc-views-create.sql:35: ERROR:  Relation 'acs_sc_impl_aliases' does not exist
on data model load.
Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
Jon, could you please try again. I haven't changed anything in the psql version for a while. I have just done a fresh install and it is working ok for me.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
The tarball has this problem in the Oracle version - if you'll take a look at my comments on Simon's notes on the Alpha tarball (in new file storage) you'll see I mention that I didn't get this fixed in time for the alpha tarball.

You can grab it the fix from CVS and it should work fine.

I didn't hold back releasing the tarball because at this point the Oracle version doesn't actually use service contract for anything, so it's a non-fatal error.  I didn't track this down before writing my release notes that go with the tarball, either, thus the clunky mechanism of documenting it as a comment to Simon's new-file-storage note.