Forum OpenACS Development: Response to glossary is broken

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
For the hell of it I started whacking at glossary a couple of days ago.  The data model and many of the queries are now ported.

However, glossary's incomplete, or rather Walter McGinnis apparently got  part-way through a enhancement pass while still at aD and that part-way status is frozen in time.  This is probably related to the fact that he no longer works there :)  The Oracle version craps out when I add a term, for instance - a glossary with no definitions isn't very useful!

So I plan to fiddle today to see if I can fill in the missing pieces for the Oracle version and complete the PG version.

Of course, this package could be implemented as a spin on ETP rather than living life on its own.  One reason I decided to port it, though, is that it is very simple but still makes full use of the content repository (both text and images), templating, acs-workflow, and the form handler.    I think it's worthwhile as a short, relatively simple example of how all these pieces can be tied to together to make a coherent whole(and as time permits I'll tie it into the new search package structure, too).