Forum OpenACS Q&A: Where to find the css files for modifying a stock install

First step I'm looking to accomplish with customizing is to change the default css coloring and fonts. Working backwards up through the default master to the blank page master, it looks like the css definitions are in a css page under htmlarea. That doesn't sound right. I know there is work underway to centralize the css for the default site to a single file but haven't heard that was ever completed. In pre-5.1 installs, I could figure it out but things seem to have changed. Can someone point me in the right direction?
packages/acs-subsite/www/resources/default-master.css
packages/acs-subsite/www/resources/site-master.css
packages/acs-templating/www/resources/forms.css
packages/acs-subsite/www/resources/lists.css

Hope this helps.

If you are looking at .LRN you will find more .css files in other packages like /packages/dotlrn or /packages/calendar.
Rather than modify the original css files, I've found it easier to add my won css file to the bottom of the cascade and then override styles there. It's not 100% simple, though, because 1) I sometimes have to use !important even when it doesn't seem like should have to and 2) the css is a bit spaghetti so results are occasionally unexpected. I do hope to win back this grief and more when I never have to merge CSS on upgrades.