Forum OpenACS Q&A: vhosting - can't serve .tcl pages?

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. I seem to be stuck. I have an openACS site (running 3.2.5 - the site name is www.labarchive.net) and would like to run a closely related site at wccta.labarchive.net. I thought that running one instance of Aolserver would be preferable. These sites can share a DB.

I downloaded vhost.so. The log shows it being read when I restart Aolserver. I set up the first site using the realhosts parameter. I've got DNS from www.dyndns.org, and I did an entry for the second site.

The first site (www) works fine, presumably because the realhosts parameter tells vhost to leave it alone. However, the second site (wccta) does not. Although the docs say that vhost should be directing wccta.labarchive.net to the directory www/wccta.labarchive.net, instead index.html is being served from www/. A cookie is also being served. HTML files are apparently being read from the www/ directory. TCL files are not read, and generate 404's when I point a web browser at them specifically.

Any ideas? I could do something more complicated like vat or nsvhr, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Thanks!

p.s. the AOLserver listserv won't let me read or post messages. Apologies for asking here instead.

nsd.tcl

ns_section "ns/server/${server}/modules" 
        ns_param   nssock          ${bindir}/nssock.so 
        ns_param   nslog           ${bindir}/nslog.so
        ns_param   vhost           ${bindir}/vhost.so

--snip --

ns_section "ns/server/${server}/module/vhost"
       ns_param realhosts 
"labarchive;www.labarchive.net;labarchive.net"