Forum OpenACS Q&A: seeking project manager/programmer

Collapse
Posted by Matt Morgan on
Hi everyone. At Brooklyn Museum (in Brooklyn, NY, US) we're finding that we have too much OACS development to do. Some of it is in-house, some of it is with outside consultants. Basically the problem is that managing the projects takes too much of my time, so I'm hoping to hire someone with OACS development experience who can

a) keep track of the projects being done by outside consultants and keep them on schedule;
b) also do a little bit of coding here to finish up/clean up/maintain the custom packages we are already using.

This is probably a temporary situation until we work through a number of projects (not just OACS projects) we're doing now and things settle back down. So the position will last for about six months.

This may be a long-shot, but these are some requirements of the position:

1) 6-8 hours per week, in at least two visits. In other words, you'd have to come in to the Museum at least twice a week, for 3-4 hours each time.
2) Relatively low (for NYC) pay per hour (we have a fixed amount we can spend on this, total, and it is in the four-figures range).
3) Demonstrated project management experience in addition to pretty up-to-date knowledge of OACS development.

If you are interested, or know of someone who may be, please contact me by email.

Thank you,
Matt Morgan
Manager of Information Systems
Brooklyn Museum

Collapse
Posted by Tony Mahadeo on
Matt,

I might be able to help you but we would have to discuss the possibility of working by telecommuting.
Please email me at: mailto:tony.mahadeo@htmsol.com so that we can discuss further.

Thank you,

Tony Mahadeo

Collapse
Posted by Shambhunath Borah on
It would be nice to have the museum in the list of OACS sites (I couldn't find it though since it's not an alphabetical list I'm not sure). Perhaps a mention of Marilyn Monroe as well.
Collapse
Posted by Matt Morgan on

It would be nice to have the museum in the list of OACS sites (I couldn't find it though since it's not an alphabetical list I'm not sure). Perhaps a mention of Marilyn Monroe as well.

Done, except for the bit about Marilyn. That's a temporary exhibition so I shouldn't put it in a posting that I don't update frequently. Thanks!