Forum OpenACS Q&A: Widget reference

Collapse
Posted by Brad Ford on
Alright, starting to make a bit of progress figuring out how to customize the site front page. I'm messing around with www.bradworld.ca (a personal testing site with pretty much just photos) before using openacs to go live with my cafe's homepage at www.wickedcafe.ca

After searching, I found a couple of widgets to stick stuff on the front page - namely a random photo and the most recent? blog entries. Has anyone compiled a list of available presentation widgets (and their parameters) for the various packages? If not, what's the best way to track them down? It's not something to be found in the api browser is it?

Also, the docs suggest making an index.vuh link to an etp page for the contents of the front page. I tried that but all that shows on the index page is the etp page title and description, not the contents (and the description gets cut off). Assuming that the etp contents can be made to display, is there an advantage to using etp as opposed to coding an index.adp directly? And can one include widgets in an etp page?

I know I've promised to document a 'for dummies' how to set up a basic index page before but never got around to setting one up - I guess now's a good time...