Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: Res: New cd version & web page for .iso images

Hello,

After some work on reading e-lane knoppix cd tutorial and exchanging e-mail messages with Jonatan Tierno i finally had success creating an E-LANE cd similar from scratch, starting from a standard knoppix distro.

The knoppix based distro i used was Kurumin Linux 4.0. Kurumin is a Brazilian run-from-CD Linux distribution, has excellent hardware auto-detection, support for Brazilian Portuguese and small size. After installed tcl, aolserver4, postgres, dotlrn and E-lane contents the CD has about 530Mb. Kurumin uses a slight modified 2.6.8 kernel from knotix distro, install openoffice1.1.2, mozilla-firefox 1.0, the gimp2.0, gmplayer and has some resources as e-books and technical manuals about gnu/linux.

Kurumin e-lane still needs some testing on different hardware, and next week i am going to do some custom modifications installing brazilian portuguese(BR) catalogs for openacs/dotlrn, dotlrn manual from Sloan as scorm content and removing some not so necessary packages from original kurumin. The idea is work on kurumin e-lane to provide a full customized live-cd for brazilians interested in try features developed in dotlrn and project-manager as well as the openacs toolkit itself. Also we want to promote openacs and openacs projects to get users and developers envolved with openacs technologies here in Brazil.

Thank you Jonatan for your great help.