Forum OpenACS Forum Summaries: OpenACS Core Team Summary for 8 Feb 2005
- FLOSS Usability Conference. Joel is going as an "official" representative of OpenACS.
- We discussed the roadmap. Two major areas that we know we need to work on are the installation process, and marketing.
- Installation. We need volunteers to maintain distribution-specific packages. Derek Carter agreed to maintain the rpm/yum package. There may be gentoo and debian packages available, and we need to identify maintainers for those. Maintainers should agree to at least a 1-year commitment. Maintainers must document their methodology; Joel will add this to standard docs.
- Marketing. We discussed in general. Joel concluded that we need to know:
- what are our potential markets? developers? IT decision makers? end users?
- how much attention are we getting in each market?
- which markets should we try to get more attention in?
- What is the best way to get more attention in those markets?