Forum OpenACS Q&A: Error installing ucspi-tcp

Collapse
Posted by Luis Garcia on
I get this error:

./load tcpserver rules.o remoteinfo.o timeoutconn.o cdb.a \ dns.a time.a unix.a byte.a `cat socket.lib` tcpserver.o(.text+0x7c6): In function `doit': : undefined reference to `errno' remoteinfo.o(.text+0x61): In function `mywrite': : undefined reference to `errno' remoteinfo.o(.text+0xf1): In function `myread': : undefined reference to `errno' timeoutconn.o(.text+0x2a): In function `timeoutconn': : undefined reference to `errno' timeoutconn.o(.text+0xb0): In function `timeoutconn': : undefined reference to `errno' cdb.a(cdb.o)(.text+0xe1): more undefined references to `errno' follow collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [tcpserver] Error 1

Any ideas?? Thanks!

PS.: has anyone had a LOT of problems installing in SuSE 9.0??!!

Collapse
Posted by Victor Guerra on
Hi Luis,
look in the source files for error.h. Change the line
"extern int errno" by "#include <errno.h>".
Hope this works for you.

By the way if you are trying to install qmail you can take a look in http://qmailrocks.com, im not sure if they have the install guide for suse, but maybe it may help you.

Regards,
Victor Guerra

Collapse
Posted by David Newhook on
Hi Luis,

I got your email and was about to reply when I found this discussion here.  I can confirm that adding '#include <errno.h>'.  Worked for me.  You think you're having fun with suse 9.0, you should try 9.2!  I don't know if you've heard of Oracle Application server?  Having worked through a headache installing 10g AS on a SUSE 9.2 box I thought I'd try to install OpenACS using a DB created with Oracle's DBCA (didn't see the point creating yet another instance for Oracle 9i).  I had a few problems but I got it installed eventually.  I'm going to post a new thread showing how I got OpenACS working alongside Oracle Application Server - might be of help to someone out there!  I'll link to it presently back in this thread.

Regards,

David