Forum OpenACS Q&A: What needs to be done to get started...(?)

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Okay, so let's go with ACES and call it ACS 3.5

I'm getting permission from aD's lawyer to use the term ACS. If that doesn't pan out, we can change the name.

How does this sound as a plan of attack

• Anyone willing to help out with maintaining the repository volunteer here. Say how much you're willing to help, what modules you're familiar with, etc.. I'll help, and I'm mostly interested in the Intranet module, and with migration. We may need a critical mass here if this is going to happen.
  • Don has volunteered to set up the infrastructure on OpenACS. Who can provide him with a clean, working version of ACES he can upload?
  • We're going to need a place to organize who does what, etc... Anyone have any experience with this? I don't have any experience managing an open-source project, but I'm willing to do what I can. Perhaps we can have our own forum set up here on OpenACS.org
  • Once we have a repository set up, let's work together to start merging in our code improvements in a coherent way. We'll need to make sure we have clean upgrade scripts for anything that affects the database, etc...
Anything I'm missing?