Forum OpenACS Development: Upgrading

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I have a question: Will the APM Callback procs for the "after_upgrade" part be called in acs-admin/apm as well or do they only work (if at all) in the acs-admin/install installer?

I had various occasions where either failed in the last six months, but it is not predictably (up til yesterday I believed the APM was save, but it seems not to be the case).

Anyone else having these issues ?

Collapse
2: Re: Upgrading (response to 1)
To be specific, where do I have to put this call:

content::folder::register_content_type -folder_id -100 -content_type news

To make sure that posting to news works after a .LRN upgrade?

I assumed it should go in to the "after_upgrade" part.

Which relates me to my second question, from which version to which version should I assuem this command has to be executed, as I think it is primarily related to the content repository and not to the news package itself.

Collapse
3: Re: Upgrading (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Malte,

You can define an upgrade callback for the package that you need to upgrade.

You should not need to reigster news content type to the -100 folder. The news package should create a folder for all the news items. Please look into this some more before making this kind of change.

Collapse
4: Re: Upgrading (response to 1)
Dave, the error came after the upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.1. I will not commit a change like this, but for the site (dotlrn.org) this was the fix (it complained that the content type "news" was not registered with folder -100).
Collapse
5: Re: Upgrading (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Ouch, we do NOT want to propagate the evil aD tradition of rooting content to folder -100, dave's describing the Right Way to do this. In fact each news instance should ideally have its own folder ...