Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Somebody Interested in Implementing a Hotel Room Booking Application?

Frank,

I have for some time been pondering the possibility of a system for selling/booking seats at theatres and other venues. I had it in mind that the software would allow for user definition of venues so that each time a new venue is entered by someone it becomes part of the system venue library.

The idea would be that each seat would have a status of either available, not available and sold. Also each seat would have properties such as 'restricted view' or 'standing room only'.

This would be integrated with the general payments system which is intended to be broken out of the original ecommerce module anyway (so that services can be sold).

It strikes me that there are many parallels between a fully configurable hotel room reservation system and the system that I describe.

Perhaps any solution could be made flexible enough to support both sets of needs.

On another subject, I hope your CRM project is going well and look forward to catching up with you on that some time soon. Matthew Geddert has been progressing with a new contacts module and Lee Denison is planning more CRM work later on this year. It would be good to keep abreast of developments so that we don't dupliate work.

Regards
Richard