Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Windows and OpenACS3/4

Collapse
Posted by Yon Derek on
Another solution would be to stick with AOLServer3.3ad13. I'm pretty sure this version could be made to work natively on windows with minor changes and it would be good enough as long as OpenACS doesn't rely on anything specific in AOLServer 4 (which, as it looks now, isn't coming anytime soon anyway). It would only take one dedicated soul to compile it & all necessary for OpenACS modules (ns_xml, ns_cache, ns_sha1) and make a binary tarball. That being said my soul doesn't feel dedicated. I've fixed all the windows compilation issues for ns_xml, ns_cache & ns_sha1 and versions on http://acs-misc.sourceforge.net should compile on windows out of the box. All that probably is left to be done is some tweaking of VS6 project files and maybe some minor portability changes in version 3.3ad13.

And the missing modules in AOLServer4-UH are my fault, my apologies. I had it working at some point a few months ago but forgot to update the site with a tarball. And now I don't have the tarball (and time to prepare a new one).