Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Continuations for web programming?
- A Wiki version of Vadim's old post.
- Lambda the Ultimate on Using continuations for web programming.
- Dave Roberts on continuations and REST.
- Paul Graham discussing continuation-passing style in Lisp for Web-Based Applications.
- Chris Double gives lots of links on continuation based web servers and the like.
- Norman Ramsey and Simon Peyton Jones explain cheap continuations for C-- (a compiler back-end language), as opposed to (expensive) first class continuations as in Scheme R5RS.
Coroutines and continuations are related concepts. Roberto Ierusalimschy's papers include his 1994 "Revisiting Coroutines", with a very nice overview of coroutine stuff. It seems to touch on every flavor of coroutine other than Simon Peyton Jones's "cheap continuations". (He's also the creator of Lua.)