Forum OpenACS Q&A: Help with OpenACS4 on OpenBSD 3.0

Collapse
Posted by russ m on

I'm trying to get OpenACS running on OpenBSD 3.0, but the installer keeps barfing. There are a couple of posts here from folks running on 2.7 / 2.9, and I was wondering if there was anything special needed to make this combination work...

What I'm seeing is the kernel datamodel install dying like so:

[30/Nov/2001:15:53:19][2658.5905408][-conn0-] Error: Error 
sourcing 
/web/openacs4/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/install
-data-model.tcl:
error reading "file18": interrupted system call
    while executing
"gets $fp line"
    (procedure "db_source_sql_file" line 42)
    invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback apm_ns_write_callback 
"acs-kernel-create.sql""
    (file 
"/web/openacs4/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/instal
l-data-model.tcl" line 31)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "
Another odd thing is that nsd won't respond to a SIGTERM, I need to SIGQUIT or SIGKILL to kill it

I'm running a custom kernel with SEMMNI and SEMMNS set as suggested in the postgresql README.OpenBSD, but the same symptoms exist under a stock GENERIC kernel. Importing acs-kernel-create.sql runs fine from the command line, and I haven't yet delved into db_source_sql_file to see where else it could be going wrong.

Any clues from other OpenBSD users? Does this work fine on 2.9 systems?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
You need to patch AOLserver in order to fix a bug involving "exec".  There are a couple of threads lying around in the archives here that explain the patch and provide source.
Collapse
Posted by russ m on
Thanks - for the record, Matthew Braithwaite's patch in http://ope nacs.org/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=0001HI doesn't seem to work for OpenBSD, where Connie Hentosh's (in the same thread) does.