Forum OpenACS Q&A: So, how was the social?

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
It's 12:30 EST, you can't still be hung over. :)
Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
The social is tonight, so we're not hung over just yet. But check back in a couple of hours...

talli

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
Oops -- news said "December 5, 2001: OpenACS social ..." and I read that as the social being on the 5th instead of finishing the news item.
Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Ok, so now that it's december 7th ... :) How was the social?
Collapse
Posted by Ben Adida on
the social was great! Probably not as "social" as when Vinod is around, from what I hear... but a great time nevertheless. Attendants were treated to an architecture description of dotLRN and an early demo. I'll let them comment on what they thought. Look for some parts of dotLRN up for release in the next few days,with the whole core released in January....
Collapse
Posted by Mike Adler on
We must have gotten a little out of hand, because I don't remember how I got home last night.

The dotLRN 'surprise' was a fascinating peek into the possibilities of OpenACS4-style modularity. I look forward to reading the code.

The real show-stopper, though was when Adam "docwolf" Farkas demo'd the chatroom technology of his dandy cell phone / PDA combo.

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
dotLRN looks really really awesome. it will surely make OACS much stronger. Arjun, Ben and the rest really have done an outstanding job. not only will it rock as a course management system, but they've built something that will kick ass for other applications as well (read: intranet)

great work, guys!

talli