Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Will Dr. OpenACS survive? Or why I stopped worrying and learned to love the .LRN consortium?

Don, I can't deny that recursive descent parsers are another good model - I am too embedded in the Perl community to ignore that! Closures and parsers together are a powerful combination. Of course TCL doesn't support closures either...

Should we perhaps start summarizing the ideas brought up by this thread, and classify their difficulty and importance. For example, sexing up the layout (possibly with the skinning stuff) in the toolkit and the website would be high impact for relatively low effort - of course it requires designers. I believe the intention was to have the Collaboraid .LRN design put into .LRN 2.1 or 2.2 - maybe we should chase that dow because it's certainly an improvement and would look quite good on the Openacs.org site.

I have (very) limited time right now (two deadlines + a wedding ;) but I'm willing to make a first pass at it (summarising) or make a second pass over someone elses first pass.