Forum OpenACS Q&A: Preferred package for news funcionality?

Hi!

I'd like to know which package do people prefer for displaying news in a site. I see there are 3 possibilities, correct me if I'm wrong:

- News package: I think it's the one used in openacs.org . Has RSS feed implemented, revision control, archive, commentaries and associated image capability (only in HEAD, right?) . The weak points are that forms are not built using the form builder and richtext is not supported.

- Lars Blogger: well, it has all the additional capabilities of a blog, but can also be used as news. Can't delete news items and is not internationalized.

- ETP with news etp_application: It has the advantage that if you are using ETP from content edition, this one uses the same interface and workflow, so people don't have switch the way of doing things. It lacks the archive, the comments and the RSS feed, thought.

Well I guess I can answer myself after this short comparative depending on what my needs are 😊 But I'd like to know what do other people think and if I'm missing something important. Also, in which package is development more active? Where is the community focused on?