Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Re: Will Dr. OpenACS survive? Or why I stopped worrying and learned to love the .LRN consortium?

I guess I would be dissatisfied with Ruby/Python as well as frameworks based on them at some point of time 😉 as I am with TCL in Openacs land but in general I have been very impressed with what Openacs can do for me. At the end of the day I see it as cool toolkit which enables me to solve problems quite effectively.

My experiences with other frameworks made me really appreciate the openacs community , the focus and quality of the contributors.

This particular thing got me started to ask my programmer friends to take a look at openacs and its possibilities. The intial reaction was the "TCLing" feeling and the difficulty they faced firing up an instance without going through a lot of technical hazzles. My exploration is in the direction of making openacs interesting enough for increasing adoption among developers. Most need simple and quick way of demonstrating the development of an application like how Rails provides ( without having to go through the learning curve). I believe this is a very potent approach.

But I guess we are getting there partly with the installer.