Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to What are your criteria for choosing hosting companies?

Jerry,

I'm assuming you mean managed hosting not co-location. The major bandwith providers have gotten it down pretty well to all claim up-times like that.

I certainly don't have a due-diligence for selecting a hosting company, and in fact from knowing you on OpenACS I'd trust your judgement over mine. But I do have some experience. My company uses Genuity to host our sites. My company has a very big checkbook.

I have fooled aroung with a couple of hosting companies for my personal playgrounds. Among them were pair.com and bluehill.com. These are companies that have mass hosting down to a science.

Of course if you want openacs hosting you need a Virtual SErver in the least, where you can configure the server to our liking.

I recently tried Hub.org, after seeing it in a post here. I'll let you know how it goes. My first impression: A mom and pop shop but they care. I almost had a tear in my eye when I logged on to my account and OpenACS4 was installed(Congratulations!) I might have payed the first months charge just for that.

I hear Open Force hosts. Nothing like keeping it in the family.