Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Aolserver jabber client

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hi Martin,

I found a discussion on Dossys' panoptic.com chat (from 2004-08-12) about problems with aolserver, pthreads and nsjabber on freebsd. I suppose "martinh" are you, right?

The discussion was:

martinh - so, back to my question from this morning. anyone ever have issues with aolserver and pthreads on freebsd?
tekbasse - ever? yes. have you googled for: aolserver, pthread, freebsd?
martinh - yea. i didn't find anything that helped me.
jhavard - martin: What version of freebsd?
martinh - 4.1 stable
martinh - er 4.10 stable
martinh - the issue i'm having right now is that the pthread_cond_wait complaining about invalid arguments.
Dossy - ?
martinh - the base aolserver isn't having any issues. it's an additional library that's causing the problem.
Dossy - martinh: what library?
martinh - nsjabber. for the jabber package for openacs.
martinh - esp since it works on other linux and uses aolserver's threading stuff.
Dossy - hmm

I had the same problem with nsjabber under freebsd5( 5.2.1 or 5.3-release, the same problem). From aolserver4.0.9 log:

"Notice: nsjabber Sending:nsthreads: pthread_cond_timedwait failed in Ns_CondTimedWait: Operation not permitted"

Did you find a solution or workaround to get nsjabber working on freebsd? This issue is going to drive me crazy 😟 once nsjabber + aolserver4 worked fine to me under gnu/linux.

Thanks

\Orzenil

Collapse
Posted by martin hebrank on
I never got this working. The freebsd box was only our short term development server and this part wasn't that important. I put it off until we were on our defined linux launch platform.