Forum OpenACS Development: Response to ecommerce status?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Can anybody tell me how to scrap the current disfunctional Cybercash application from the core infrastructure so we can at least use teh ACS part to build our sales program, and add the payment module at a later stage. This would be a great help and addition to the functionality of ACS. I assume future users will be adopting localized payment services rather than just one because there is not one payment system in the world that works everywhere. This seems to me a logical approach from end users perspective. It would help find more users, an dat the same time buy time for the deveolpers of the interfaces to systems like Paypal, Versisign, Visa and other solutions in the make.

I would also like to suggest to set up a working party to coordinate the efforts to ad payment infrastructure into ACS so we can bear the burden together of getting this part of the system operational. Right now it seems everbody is trying to invent the wheel and knowledge is spread around the globe. If we talk we might be able to find answers a bit faster. The bboard is not always the answer for this and we could do with a more formal project approach way of exchanging ideas. I spend about 10 years ferreting about international payment problems, and volonteer to set up the working party, and coordinate efforts.
cheers