Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to End users network

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Dave, One thing I forgot. I like your concept about the html Skeletons. I have tried this on Timedesk and Klessebes. It works great. Instead of expecting the users to work their way trough the modules, I act as a moderator and gradualy teach the smartest people to do things themselves. This helps creating a core group of experienced users that at the same like to play around. A similar concept could also work within organisations. The end result of this aproach has been that one of the secretaries in the Klessebes network is now advising the 35 Milion Dollar turnover recruitment company she is associated with, to start adopting acs technology to connect the recruiters to the organisation and eachother in a more informal way.

If the pathfinders as I like to call these intercompany contacts would have a startingpoint that takes them one step deeper into the system's capabilities, without turning them into nerds, that would be a great step forward connecting people and market ACS. to be continued... Ben

photo courtesy Philip Greenspun