Forum OpenACS Development: Response to ecommerce status?

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Cynthia,

As with most things in life, it mostly works, but the details will get you every time. :)

First of all, take a look at http://www.verisign.com/support/cyberCash/mckManager.html, which has a pretty good summary of what functionality you're losing.  There are two important points:  no more retry, and you are about to go into auto-mark mode (CyberCash was manual-mark).

Not having retry just means not using it;  there isn't much of a substitute.  I have to admit that I did this work in a tearing hurry (our client was moved with very little notice) and I didn't put much effort into thinking about the ramifications of just dropping out retry, but so far we have not had any problems from having done so.

Going into auto-mark mode means that transactions are settled right away when they're marked.  To handle this, there are two places in www/finalize-order.tcl where ec_financial_transactions is updated to set the marked date;  if you also set the settled date, then you are all set.  You also need to do this in tcl/ecommerce-scheduled-procs.tcl, in ec_unmarked_transactions.

The biggest headache is the transition itself.  Any orders which were preauth'd on Cybercash have to be manually completed via the Verisign Manager, since they don't move over any of your transaction data.  Any order which was fulfilled while on Cybercash has to be manually processed to do returns, for the same reason.

Good luck!!!