Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Where to post help wanted ads

Collapse
Posted by Edmund Lian on
OK, thanks Talli (and Don). Here's my post... Apologies for the vagueness; we signed an NDA so I can't say more even though I want to.

A client in the Washington, D.C. area wants to build a site that requires functionality that looks like it is a good match for OpenACS. Future plans may require integration with video servers, Jabber or some other IM chat system, OpenFTS, etc.

We are now developing a rough project plan, and if things go well, should have a signed contract within 2-3 weeks. Work could start as soon as two weeks from now. The project is going to be fluid, meaning that goals and details may change during the course of the project.

We're looking for someone who is experienced with OpenACS 4, PostgreSQL, etc. to execute most of the development work. The fluid nature of the work implies that frequent interaction with the client may be needed. We think that working with someone who is in the local metropolitan D.C. area will be easiest, but we don't mind working with a remotely located developer if we can figure out a way to do so effectively.

We're trying support the community by seeding out the work and also making the code available if it we can.

If you are interested in this, please email me directly so that I know of your interest. Don't forget to include your telephone number, credentials and an indicator billing rate. I will acknowledge, and will keep you informed as to progress and a selection decision.

If the client goes ahead (and we have every expectation that this is the case), we will have to execute an NDA with you before bringing you up to speed with the client situation.