Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Time for a name change?

Collapse
Posted by Scott Mc Williams on
Hi Daryl,

I of course, meant no offense. I have nothing but TONS of respect for what I consider "technical" people. I know that many people have the ability to cross over and play the other side of the fence too. I am somewhat in the middle myself, that's why I'm here. I don't even use the word "creative" to decribe marketing types because I feel that implies that "technical" people aren't! I think that's hogwash and I've spent many hours trying to convince a number of Photoshop/Flash/Macintosh types that creativity doesn't just mean how many filters you can use. I've noticed that the REALLY creative ones get it immediately.

Maybe it's my client base, but MOST of the clients I've spoken with have never coded even page of html in their lives. I'm not dealing with mom and pop shops, I'm talking about larger corporations (www.royal.com for example).

I like the idea of "repurposing" the meaning of ACS. There is precedence for that as well. I can't think of anything right now...but I know it's been done.

Let's keep the conversation rolling...

Scott