Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to The system doesn't recognize my procedures

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Ruben,

Putting procs on /tcl is not advised anymore.  This is one of the first problems that I have encountered moving from 3.x to 4.x.  I advise you create your own package or put your tcl file into one of the existing packages and hitch a ride.  If you will look at /tcl/zz-postload.tcl you can overide some of the behaviours.  The query dispatcher also does not work well in /tcl or /www.

I know the putting your code on /tcl and /www may seem easier especially coming from ACS 3.x but it actually harder.  I have learned the hardway on this.  If you really need to put your files here are some tips:

- edit /tcl/zz-postload.tcl to source up your files if your files is in a deeper directory than /tcl or /www.  Look at the lines that has this stuff:

# OpenACS (ben)
# We need to load query files for the top-level stuff in www and tcl

set dirs {www tcl}

The QD name space is a bit different.  You can checkout the code how to define your fullname on the xql files.

Again try to just make your package or just hitch a ride on the existing packages.  You need to scan for new files on the APM to do this.  Hope this helps.