Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Status update ... will there ever be a beta or final release?

Basically I have the latest aD sources and installed the FreeBSD patch and pounded on it for serveral weeks on FreeBSD, OpenBSD, RedHat, Solaris, and SuSE (using postgres on all, Oracle on the Linux boxes).

The source will be able to build postgres, oracle (or both) db drivers and all modules needed for openacs4.  My hope is to keep everything in one tar ball and provide package maintainers a solid ground for providing their packages (IE, the Debian, RPM, *BSD Ports, etc.) call all use the same base to create the packages so if there are problems on a platform then can feed them back to the main tree.

I'll attempt to create binaries for everything I currently have setup
(SuSE, RedHat, Solaris 8, OpenBSD, FreeBSD) in standard tarballs.  I also have a hook to install openacs in to /web/<servername>, but I don't have the openacs source in it.  It could (if wanted) make fore a nice 'run this, they connect to http://localhost:8000 to start your install' type of thing.

I'm happy with the aolserver part and a few people will be (or have) recently sent me pages and I'll work those in this weekend and start
a build-ing :)