Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Preliminary Analysis of the Open Source in Higher Education

Quote: " Ratios of over five to one in terms of those clearly indicating vulnerability seems to indicate general dissatisfaction or at least an unfilled need in the categories of assessment tools, ePortfolios, course management systems, and online course content."

I might be mistaken, but this should give .LRN with it's new ePortfolio, the nice Course management (IMS Enterprise?!?) and CMS (okay this stresses it a bit I think) a clear advantage in the OpenSource arena. Not to forget the excellent assessment system that .LRN possesses 😊.

One thing the study shows though significantly: .LRN is not in it. So, all our technical abilities pale against the marketing effectivness other systems are showing.

Maybe the consortium would like to get it's hand on an enthusiastic marketing intern with a little bit of knowledge in the educational arena, that would do the grunt work of finding studies that are being conducted, talk to these people and answer any questions they might have, look for other opportunities to promote .LRN and deal with keeping up Website content and things like that. Not that I have one in storage, but AIESEC will most likely be able to help out there.

Looking forward to discuss these areas with interested parties during the .LRN meeting in Madrid.