Forum OpenACS Q&A: Tip of the Week Forum

Collapse
Posted by Nick Carroll on
Hi,

I would like to propose creating a forum for "Tip of the Week" postings. This might be familiar to all those that use a mac, and regularly read the MacOS X Tip of the Week from the Apple website. I think it would be an excellent marketing initiative, as we can showcase some really cool features from the API. It will also help with keeping documentation on a certain way of doing things current.

What do people think?

Cheers,
Nick.

Collapse
2: Re: Tip of the Week Forum (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Agreed, though it should not be a forum but a weblog open for all registered users to post.

Great idea.

Collapse
3: Re: Tip of the Week Forum (response to 1)
Posted by Eric Wolfram on
I like this idea of an openacs "tips" blog with open access. Sometimes I (finally) figure out something but I don't announce it in the forum because I'll be (further) outed as the n00b that I am... 😊

But, in a particular, I sometimes add something to my .emacs file or the other day, for instance, I figured out how to log my shell buffer to ~/20050518_shell.log -- and even though it's easy, I kind of wanted to share it with someone who cared. Most of my friends, even the web developer ones, didn't. It was only then that I realized that almost nothing is more geeky then sharing your .emacs file

Collapse
4: Re: Tip of the Week Forum (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
Great idea,

This will realy help. To endusers OACS is like an Iceberg. Most of the goodies are under water. A weblog and a proper use of categories will reveal a lot

Look forward to the blog

Cheers
ben

Collapse
5: Re: Tip of the Week Forum (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Done.

https://openacs.org/blog

Start posting!

Collapse
6: Re: Tip of the Week Forum (response to 1)
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Like it and it is great that you are posting Ben, but could you limit your blog posts to actual tips and ask related questions on the boards?