Forum OpenACS Development: Contacts: How to install default attributes for contacts and organizations

What is the best way to install default attributes for a custom setup of contacts. For a "contact" I need a set of additional attributes, same is true for "organizations" and I need them mapped to the "registered user" group. Are there any procedures to achieve this? What would be the best way?
Malte,

The requirements document (for contacts or AMS cannot remember which) calls for an admin facility for each user whereby he/she can set up a set of attributes and 'save' them as a named attribute set - rather like a custom data record. These saved record sets can then have permissions set on them so that they can be made visible to any party or group of parties on the system. In this way you have ultimate flexibility in configuration whilst also allowing individuals to create personalised contacts data recordsets of their own.

Thus for example the swadmin could install an instance of contacts, set up a custom record set and set permissions on the recordset so that all users of that contacts instance can use the recordset.

This should be pretty flexible and will I anticipate be added in future versions. Matthew certainly will have a good idea how he intended to approach it.

Regards
Richard

when on the ams add/edit attribute page you can go to the bottom and there is a link to export code to create those attributes and mapped widgets to pre-created attributes. This code should go in the contacts-init.tcl proc as it now stands. In the long run having a "on package instantaite" proc is a much better way to do this, that way we can also make sure we add a default list, and map registered users as the default group, etc.

I have not setup a good default configuration yet, and in general i think something like the info yahoo address book, or outlook has would be a good base setup.