Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to I want my, I want my, I want my web/db

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
Sort of summarizing for my own benefit and so you can tell me where I'm confused...

Todd asked if I'd be willing to work with him: sure, if there's work for us to do!

If I'm reading Michael's post correctly, he has already written some code to do the openacs-web/db import (or at least matched user names to emails, something beyond what was in the downloaded html files) in some way, so perhaps this is done or nearly done already.

I was picturing a script to insert the web/db users into the users table (perhaps as deleted users, but with correct emails?).  But Graeme's patch and importing into oacs4 sounds like a better way to go, if the site migration is going to happen soon.  I haven't done anything with oacs4, so I won't really be able to help with that.

The advantage to inserting deleted users in 3.x (rather than patching 3.x) is that the new data could be imported to OACS4 right along with the users and bboard data, without additional scripting.

I agree that someone should take this up with aD.

So where do we go from here?  Seems like some decision from the gatekeepers as to what tack we take?