Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: New theme released

Collapse
4: Re: New theme released (response to 1)
Posted by Mark Aufflick on
Giancarlo - this theme is fantastic!

There are two issues I have found so far, both in Safari on Macos. The most serious one is that the content body hugs the right of the screen and only uses the required width (ie. not 100%). That can be fixed with the following patch (I have lost my cvs commit ability in some server upgrade, so you can apply this if you like it). Note that after you patch dotlrn-master-kelp.css, if you do a ctrl-shift-reload on a page in firefox, the rendering won't look quite right. This seems only to be an artifact in any window that had previously downloaded the previous style sheet. If you browse the same page in a new window (no need to restart) it renders perfectly.

The other issue is that the top control-strip (header-dati) floats half way between the top of the screen and the main content box. I couldn't easily see how to fix this, and it doesn't impair the usability of the theme, just the aesthetics. If my client goes with this theme I will try harder to fix it.

Here is the aformentioned patch:

$ cvs diff -u dotlrn-master-kelp.css
Index: dotlrn-master-kelp.css
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/openacs-4/packages/new-portal/www/themes/kelp-theme/dotlrn/resources/Attic/dotlrn-master-kelp.css,v
retrieving revision 1.1.2.1
diff -u -r1.1.2.1 dotlrn-master-kelp.css
--- dotlrn-master-kelp.css      5 May 2005 13:22:17 -0000       1.1.2.1
+++ dotlrn-master-kelp.css      29 May 2005 12:11:46 -0000
@@ -777,6 +777,7 @@
        background-image: url(01_cont_shadow_des.png);
        background-repeat: repeat-y;
        background-position: right;
+       width: 100%;
 }

div#container-gen{
@@ -865,4 +866,4 @@
        background-image:url(01_cont_foot_des.png);
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: top  right;
-}
\ No newline at end of file
+}
Hmm - I note that the css file is now in the attic - did I catch you in the middle of committing changes?