Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Time for a name change?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
My poll questions probably weren't as clear as I thought.  My thinking was that a choice for OACS would be "OpenACS's OACS 4.2", with the URL remaining openacs.org.  We'd had some discussions along these lines in the thread.

The poll thus far shows a plurality for "OpenACS == Open Architecture ..." without the "OACS".  Maybe we can say 'informally pronounced "Oaks" for short'.

This poll was set up for a week.  >50% seem to be in favor of "Open Architecture" (with or without "Oaks", i.e. I'm lumping).  There's a substantial group wanting no change at all.  That second group may or may not prefer "OACS" if we switch to "Open Architecture", and that's the second poll I'm thinking of setting up.

In other words between 2 & 3 so those who voted for 1 and 4 can influence the choice between those options, having lost out on the first poll.  Assuming the current trend accurately forecasts the end result, of course.

Do people think this would be worthwhile?  I want to make this process as inclusive as possible.