Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to What does "Enterprise Class" mean?

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Allow me first to congratulate Todd on continuing his fruitful quest to Zen mastery. His latest post entitled "Enterprise Class is a way, not a tool" was a wonderful, helpful and enlightening discussion. We will know he has finished his quest when he can encapsulate this same thought in seventeen syllable, three line haiku form.

Todd, you're right. So perhaps what we're really talking about is the OACS has an "Enterprise Class" community of developers and companies that are capable of building, maintaining and supporting a software package that any size organization can leverage. This, I think, makes a lot of sense and is quite compelling.

I imagine this kind of idea should be somehow folded into the way the OACS is presented. For instance, would it make sense to write a little introduction or definition to and of Enterprise Class and have the "enterprise" on our front page link to that?

I do, however, take exception with this "Rolf" thing everyone is speaking of. The fact that the megalomanical Doc Wolf claims that he exists and can accomplish feats of ridiciluous heights on a combination of caffeine and high caloric diets means nothing to me. That mad scientist is always concocting lies and half-truths from the depths of the Floridian jungles.

Perhaps you are all referring to his humpbacked lackey, Igorzolf?

talli