Forum OpenACS Development: CSS in admin pages

Collapse
Posted by Lee Denison on
A few people have mentioned that the admin pages need an overhaul.
Is now the time to be thinking about including a standard set of CSS
classes in the templates of the admin pages as part of that overhaul?

This would allow some straight forward customisation of the admin ui
later.

Collapse
Posted by Stephen . on
Yes, and not just admin pages.

The tcl/adp split seperates logic/layout, but the layout is ad hoc for each page. Rather than use <multiple> to spit out bits of HTML table I would like to use higher level widgets like <box>, <grid>, <tree> and <sortabletable>. The elements of these widgets would be identified with a common set of CSS class ids.

Is there some existing implementation of a widget set for web UIs I can pilfer from?

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Pilfering's a great idea :)

Coincidently, now that I've played with the form builder a bit, I'd like to have higher-level elements there, too.  We don't want to build something overly complex or ornate, but we do whatever we can to make page building as painless as possible.

And extending tags on the template side, and form widgets on the input side, seems like a logical way to do this if we do so in a somewhat *disciplined* way.

Hopefully as soon as we get this release out the door we can form subgroups of interested folks to make recommendations for improvements in various parts of the toolkit, with the goal of building a roadmap for our second release cycle.

Some standard CSS classes are a good idea, too, I think.

I'd just like to see us proceed in a somewhat orderly fashion rather than add specifics in an ad hoc manner.

Collapse
Posted by Rob Oliver on
This portal architecture implements 'gizmos'  (widgets)
well (in pearl)  -

http://www.metadot.net/

Might be worth pilfering ideas  -    😉

Thanks