Forum OpenACS Q&A: tsearch2-driver not available via Install from Repository

Hi all,

My OACS 5.1.5 installation is working great except I can't get searching to work--I'm trying to follow the documentation for tsearch2, and everything worked fine until I got to the part about installing the tsearch2-driver package...There is no tsearch2-driver package listed in my Install Software pages--I see the other two search drivers OpenFTS and site-wide-search, but tsearch2-driver is MIA. Google turns up a copy of it in CVS, but I'm not sure how to install a package that I've downloaded to the local machine.

So, I guess my question is, can I safely install the 5.2.0 CVS version of the tsearch2-driver.apm in my 5.1.5 OACS instance? And, if so, how do I install a package that I've downloaded locally? I see that I can choose to install from a local repository, but I don't know how to get something into a local repository. And I guess I should file a bug about the repository not having tsearch2-driver, or is this a documentation bug?

Thanks!

Hi,

I tagged the tsearch2-driver package and rebuilt the repository, so it should be available for install now.

Thanks Dave!