Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Name poll results ...

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Well, you're the boss, Don, *grin*, but to be honest, I don't really consider 58% in a kinda confusing poll to be QUITE clear.

When I made the poll I also asked folks for input on the questions, and tried to make it clear that we could rip it down and put up a different poll if people didn't like my attempt. Frankly I expected people to shoot down my attempt and was rather surprised that no one did, that people just voted instead.

Nobody asked for a change so I assume people were either happy with it, or not unhappy enough to ask for a different approach.

Look ... we need to get closure here, one way or another. I'm willing to run another poll to further clarify things if enough folks want me to, but we need to get moving. I want to settle this before beta so we can massage the docs. There's really only one possible package change that may go in before I roll the thing and I'm leaning towards not doing that, so we're really close from a technical point of view.

So at this point we're getting close to seeing the seemingly endless name discussion drive our beta release date.

Therefore ... closure is needed, folks!