Forum OpenACS Development: Translation of countries

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Please tell me that someone translated the ISO country list and can provide me with a message catalogue file in German :).

If not, I'm currently storing some of the translations in "AMS", but I think the country code list is a prime candidate for storage in ref-countries. Talking about which, why is there a table for country_names in the first place? Shouldn't this be handled through the I18N interface (I know, ref-countries is either older than I18N or written by a native English speaker).

I'm not going to fix ref-countries at the moment, I just hope for translated messages and maybe someone else has already solved that problem.

Collapse
Okay, I just did it and added I18N version for ref-countries with German and US Locales.
Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Malte,

Are there plans to deprecate country_names and upgrade to ref-countries? I am currently using country_names.

Collapse
Well, if I have a say in it (which I do in a way), I'd deprecate the country_names better sooner than l8er. But I won't have time to work on it now, so you are still safe :).