Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Bringing new people into the fold in a post bootcamp world?

I'm tentatively scheduled to give a talk to PLUG (the Portland Linux User's Group) this summer, it's fairly active (the home of the K-12 Linux project, among other things).

I'd encourage others to do similar things, as Carl suggests above.

An online tour of the toolkit would be very cool, especially after we clean up a bunch of the less aesthetic aspects of [Open]ACS 4.x.  Now that we're about to go to beta then our first release (hoo-ray!) we can start thinking about the future path for project, product and propaganda - the three Ps!

We're getting a wimpy-point presentation on "how I saved a million dollars using OpenACS" before long, that will be our first "white paper" (well, slide show at least).  You're right, we need more.  Any volunteers?

The competitive analysis you mention would be really useful.  PHP Nuke, Zope, what else is out there?  Competitive analysis is one way to pick up ideas to emulate, as well as evaluate how we stack up compared to other projects.  It would be great if you were willing to take this on or at least help with it.