Forum OpenACS Q&A: I can't install cms from oacs-5-2

Collapse
Posted by Miguel Marin on
Hi:

Im trying to install cms using a checkout from oacs-5-2 branch. I get the following errors from an apm-callback-proc:

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR: -20000: Could not find a root folder for item ID 505. Either the item does not exist or its parent value is corrupted.
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 50 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 20 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_module__new" line 15 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_module__new" line 10 at return

SQL:
select content_module__new (
'Content Management System Sitemap', --name
lower('Sitemap'),
'511',
'1',
'505', -- parent_id
'505' -- subsite_id
)

while executing
"ns_pg_bind 0or1row nsdb0 {
:module_name, --name
lower(:module),
:root_key,
:sort_key,
:package_id, -- parent_id
:p..."

In this case 505 is the package_id of cms so it can't be a parent_id since this is not a cr_item, so I changed it to root_key that is the folder created for cms package ( in this cas 511) now I get this error:

ERROR: -20000: This items content type content_module is not registered to this folder 511
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "content_item__new" line 20 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_module__new" line 15 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_module__new" line 10 at return

SQL:
'Content Management System Sitemap', --name
lower('Sitemap'),
'511',
'1',
'511', -- parent_id ..."

So we will have to register the content type to this folder but I don't know if this is going to work like that or how is the logic of the this folder to work propertly.

Thanks
Miguel Marin

Collapse
Posted by Mohammad Al-Ghazali on
Why don't you try restarting your server
Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
Miguel,

CMS isn't really a released or supported package at this point. Having said that, I use it, have done a bunch of work on it and am planning to provide a release of some sort soon. What's on oacs-5-2 branch should work on 5.1 but I haven't tested an install in a while. There is a known issue with 5.2 that I won't be able to address for another couple of weeks or so. I would say it's not worth the bother to try and figure out these errors now - the stuff I'm going to check in shortly is in much better shape and I will make sure it installs without a problem.