Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: 'only urls without a host name are permitted'

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
OK, sorry for the delay. I have now had a bit of time to look at this and have found an issue. Not yet sure if it is THE issue but it nevertheless is AN issue! 😊

In my config.tcl file I have used the naming scheme recommended in the Aolserver and nsopenssl docs rather than the openacs sample which is what has thrown this up.

v4.5 of AOlserver supports virtual servers in a single config.tcl and consequently I have set my nsopenssl contexts up as:

vs1_users_ctx
vs1_admins_ctx
vs1_clients_ctx

The reason for doing this is that if you want to have a single AOlserver instance running multiple sites with listeners specific to each site, you can do that by specifying for example:

vs2_users_ctx
vs2_admins_ctx
vs2_clients_ctx

...and so on ad infinitum!

The security::locations proc however has the nsopenssl context hard-coded into it as 'users'. Thus is will never find my configured listener from the config file.

Now I can fix this by hacking security::locations, but I really don't think that openacs should be imposing arbitrary context descriptions. The contexts are declared in the config.tcl before being used and I think this proc should be re-written to read the declared contexts rather than guess.

What do people think?

As an aside, there is a simple typo in the declaration of secure_port in this proc which appears as 'set secure_post' which may not help matters either.

R.