Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Open Developer Discussions

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Ben, thanks for the quick response. Obviously, dotLRN is one of the items that I was referring to. But, as an example, I immediately asked some guys who are working on ETP (Dave Bauer, Jun Yamog and Luke Pond) if they wouldn't mind moving their discussion about how to improve ETP to the boards from some private emails. Not a big deal, but it was just a quick reminder that they totally agree with.

As far as Michael's suggestion, perhaps we can reach a compromise. I fully understand that releasing undocumented and unsolid code would slow things down for you and your client. That would not be good. Not only would you have to spend time packaging something buggy, but you'd have to spend time responding to community questions and inquiries. You're on a deadline and the community should respect that.

However, perhaps a compromise would be to release the specs of the new system? Meaning some of the overall architecture documentation, design documents and so on? So the community can take a look and have a better idea of how things are going to look.

For one, this would help a lot of the indy developers and companies out there that are trying to sell dotLRN or OACS with dotLRN improvements to clients (and this is not just a selfish Musea request). If this were possible, I think a lot of people would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

talli