Forum .LRN Q&A: LMS analysis and research

Collapse
Posted by Eric Wolfram on
I'm doing a bit of research on LMS systems which I've published and will maintain here.

http://dir.wolfram.org/learning_management_systems.html

I'm looking for any more facts and information about these other systems or communities, especially the type of stuff that they don't always publish on their web sites, ie, pricing, costs of maintaining ect; or technology -- what do these systems run on, what databases or OS, or any information, for instance, the numbers of servers are required or costs.

Also, I'm trying to point to the pages of their web sites with the feature list and with the client lists but, unlike dotlrn, some web sites don't have that information or publish it in places that are difficult to find. So if you recognize one of the projects and know that it does x but not y, then please let me know and I'll add that info to my research. I find it difficult to decipher through some of the marketing crap -- they all say they "enhance learning" or something but I'm trying to find out are they a course management system of a community system or what?

Finally, here are the systems I've discovered. Let me know if you know any others. Feel free to reply to this thread or to me directly.

# ATutor
# Blackboard.com
# Claroline
# DotLRN
# Moodle
# OpenCourse
# InteractLMS
# Sakaiproject --
# WebCT -