Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to online reservations and payments

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Tom, Over the next few days I will put together a string of requirements that might be helpful and could easily be related to the problems you are trying to solve. I will focus on travel. A. because that is my core competence (and has been for 15 years) and B because travel has been recognized as the world's most potentially successful commercial application industry in the world. I am connected to a network of 1800 mainly US based travel advisors that need to reinvent their business model, and are in real need of a travel advisors controlled software application, so they can match the logistics of systems like Away and site59, both based on ACS. Until today travel advisors have relied upon the technological support of companies like Sabre , Worldspan and others, but because of internet those systems have been turned into the competitor of the travel advisor. At the same time major supplier groups are looking for ways to connect to travel agents that use advanced software applications to connect to their inventory systems. The majority of professional travel consultants have not yet converted their business using internet and are still using solutions from the early days of the web, and often even faxes for communication with suppliers. That is my challenge with Timedesk I have a meeting in Orlando in May this year with a number of ringleaders where I can " plug" an OACS based solution

To be continued