Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Re: Re: ANN: IMS Learning Design Package Specification (RFC)

Yes, alfanet stuff seems to be a bit different, and not available yet.
Indeed, moodle started with what the users wants/use and then add ims-ld. I actually do not agree with doing the same stuff as were done before for assessment. We need something for the users within a month or so, then if we leave at the end "4. editing", which means actually what the user can do online for design a course and its activities, will represent no real impact for users.

As somebody pointed out in the past for assessment, it makes NO SENSE to create end user applications that can only be modified from outside, in this case might be enough to just have a subset of "edition for design of courses", we'll see in real scenarios what's is needed.

Also, for the professors and the learners, to have a UI like COPs were you can add many things around using a single template will be good, and probably more intuitive / easy to use. The key issue is figure out how to design that UI in a simple manner, and until you don't have feedback from real users, you will be in a circle with your own thoughts. This can be a killer application if we focus in the users experience.

The suggestion if the focus is the UI, is to leave imp/exp for a second phase, and simplify the datamodel while keep in mind future imd-ld needs.

Rocael,

Yes, indeed, the editor is a very important piece in order for the entire functionality to be useful.

I believe the compromise would be, let us first make a first cut at the implementation, not writing code, but planning the structure. Then we can proceed and propose a UI with user models, templates, etc.

All this before implementing anything. I believe once we have this solidified, we can deploy a first version with significant functionality and a basic editor.

So, following your suggestion, we'll include in the spec an editor definition and user scenarios.