Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to APM and FTS

Collapse
4: Response to APM and FTS (response to 1)
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
<i>Glad to see you back to answer my questions, thank you.</i>
<p>
No problem. I'm still around. I'm just taking some time off to sort things out (too much work these days).

<p>You still need to install OpenFTS (just that the installation instructions and scripts are PG-7.1.3-oriented). The OpenACS package is only an interface (a driver) to the actual search engine.  If you want to use OpenFTS, you should either settle with PG 7.1.3 or try to modify Makefile.global under the OpenFTS src directory. I did that once but I can't find the files anymore, probably deleted, so I'm not sure if you have to change anything else.
<p>
On a similar track, I think that Dan has checked in the TCL port of the new OpenFTS version (note: I'm talking about the search engine, not the openacs package -- you can get it from http://openfts.sourceforge.net). Next few days, I'm gonna prepare the documentation for the new OpenFTS version but it's only after this release that the new version is going to be available for OpenACS (I'm going to write about this in another thread soon, I hope).