Forum OpenACS Development: Re: ACS Rels (light)

Collapse
4: Re: ACS Rels (light) (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
nob-rels (you asked for a better name 😊), called "no object relationship" will do *exactly* the same as acs-rels, but not create an acs object. Therefore it will link any object to any other object.

You have a valid point with regards to permissions and though we do not need it (folder permission is enough) it might be better to use acs-rels or content-symlinks if we want to make a general solution. Though, wouldn't folder permission be enough in general (after all you just create a symlink in that folder so the users that have access to the folder can see the file). One benefits of using content-symlinks comes from the fact that we would not have to modify the folder-chunck queries (at least in theory) as content-symlinks are cr-items.

Nevertheless I think nob-rels is a good idea e.g. in the assessment example or application-(data-)links.

We expect around 1,5 million other objects per year, partialy due to the application-(data-)links.

Collapse
6: Re: Re: ACS Rels (light) (response to 4)
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Hi Malte,

I'm going to do some mappings in the applicaion I'm working on now and I would like to know if you implemented the nob-rels relationship table, and if you did, where can I read how to use it or see some examples.

Thanks.

Regards,

jopez